Monday 13 February 2012

First Post


          Last week I went to Gigantour at the K-Rock. It was friggin' sick!! I have heard of Megadeth and Motorhead but hadn't really listened to them until the concert to be honest. The reason I went was for the band by the name of Volbeat and they did not disapoint. I was severely impressed by the all around kick-assery. Volbeat for those of you who don't know is a heavy band but the singers style can be compared to that of Elvis or Johnny Cash. They sound really good on album and happen to be one of my favourite bands but are even better in concert.
       
          Everyone was moving like a wave of headbangers as Volbeat united us. I felt apart of something bigger even tho as an individual I was acknowledged. It was an awesome night. Aside from the jerks who decided to move to the front when Motorhead was on and decided to start a mosh-pit I was there for the concert and the music not to act like a jackass , so eventually I got tired of it and when someone got pushed into me for the fifth time I left him fall and that was that. After Megadeth finished i left happier that i have experience a real Heavy Metal concert. Ears fogged mind a blur i could not for the life of me get to sleep after a night of adrenaline fueled music. Unfortunately my first day at Imc@Slc was the next day. Volbeat will forever live as one of my favourite bands.

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend was at this concert with you, and he pretty much said it was as rad as you did. c:

    Moshing died in 1999, by the way. Haha. Everyone who does this at concerts these days looks like a fool. Shut up, stand still and enjoy the music !

    ReplyDelete